Rope 101 & 102 (3 Hour Combined)
Take the complete beginner's series in a single combined course. This three hour workshop is designed to build the foundation you need to work toward engaging in intermediate level rope work.
This comprehensive beginner’s course covers, safety, style (looking cool), negotiation, how to evaluate the skill of a top or bottom, and more.
This is a hands-on class where you will learn the basic knots. We will go over several non-collapsing (safe) ties to get you started:
- The Lark's Head "single-column knot" (good for tying around one thing: wrist, ankle, waist, thigh, bed post, etc.)
- The Somerville Bowline single-column knot
- The Lark's Head "double column knot" (good for tying two things together: wrists together, ankles together, ankle to thigh, person to person, any part of a person to any other thing...)
- The Wrap-and-Cinch double column
- The Bikini Harness, a simple chest harness
- and, if we have time, a few other fun things like handcuff knots.
This workshop continues where Rope Bondage 101 ends. Whereas 101 focuses mostly on single-column and double-column ties (for wrist, ankles, etc.), 102 focuses on various beginning-level harnesses.
This is a hands-on class and you will leave with practical knowledge and skills.
The workshop will cover:
- The simple box tie, which places your partner’s hands behind their back and attaches them to their chest.
- A waist harness commonly referred to as the “crotch rope.”
- A rope collar and lead
- The Takate Kote - a much more secure box tie/chest harness that bridges the gap between beginner and intermediate and which forms the base for a lot of other ties.
Other topics include how to extend rope when you run out, as well as various elements of style (Dom-points).
What should attendees bring:
You need two ~10 foot and two ~15 foot pieces of rope. Rope is required for the course. Rope will be available for sale at the workshop.
Lazarus Redmayne has been active in the scene since he was legal and loves to share his passion for rope and other types of bondage. He has taught at C.O.P.E., Winter Wickedness, Bound in Boston, and privately for over a decade. His presentations are practical and fun, and his high-engagement style will ensure that you leave the class with new and useful skills. Dominic owns and maintains www.theduchy.com. Everything you learn in this class is also shown on The Duchy, so you will have a ready reference if needed.
Shopping: Participants will receive 20% off all items on sale at the workshop. The studio will remain open until 9:00pm to allow participants time for shopping and open practice.
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Ticket sales are final and tickets are non-transferable. This workshop is 18+.