This class is held at the Bondesque store at 707 West Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408.
Class Shopping Discount: Show your ticket or confirmation email to save 15% off your entire purchase at Bondesque! Valid for one visit on the date of the workshop.
This comprehensive beginner’s course covers safety, style (looking cool), negotiation, how to evaluate the skill of a top or bottom, and more.
This is a hands-on class where you will learn the basic knots. We will go over several non-collapsing (safe) ties to get you started:
- The Lark's Head "single-column knot" (good for tying around one thing: wrist, ankle, waist, thigh, bed post, etc.)
- The Somerville Bowline single-column knot
- The Lark's Head "double column knot" (good for tying two things together: wrists together, ankles together, ankle to thigh, person to person, any part of a person to any other thing...)
- The Wrap-and-Cinch double column
- The Bikini Harness, a simple chest harness
- and, if we have time, a few other fun things like handcuff knots.
What should attendees bring:
You will need one shorter rope, 10 or 15 feet are common lengths, and one longer rope, 30 feet is a common choice. Feel free to bring more if you like.
You can have longer ropes if you want, but the longer your rope, the longer it takes to do tail pulls and most people eventually choose to cut their rope into more manageable lengths. (Don't worry, I will show you how to extend rope in class!)
Instructor: Lazarus Redmayne has been active in the scene since he was legal and loves to share his passion for rope and other types of bondage. He has taught at C.O.P.E., Winter Wickedness, Bound in Boston, and privately for over a decade. His presentations are practical and fun, and his high-engagement style will ensure that you leave the class with new and useful skills. Lazarus owns and maintains www.theduchy.com. Everything you learn in this class is also shown on The Duchy, so you will have a ready reference if needed.
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Ticket sales are final and tickets are non-transferable. This workshop is 18+.