Foundations of Rope Bondage (Rope 101)
This class is held at the Bondesque store at 707 West Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55408.
Class Shopping Discount: Show your ticket or confirmation email to save 15% off your entire purchase at Bondesque! Valid for one visit on the date of the workshop.
Rope 101 has been updated to now include some of the material from Rope 102, combined into one comprehensive foundational rope class. This beginner’s course covers safety, style (looking cool), negotiation, how to evaluate the skill of a top or bottom, and more.
This is a hands-on class where you will learn the basic knots. We integrate discussion of safety and negotiation throughout the class. We will go over several non-collapsing (safe) ties to get you started:
- The 4 fundamental knots: Half-Hitch, Lark’s Head, Square Knot, & Overhand Knot
- The Lark’s Head Double Column
- Good for tying two things together: wrists, ankles, ankle to thigh, person to person, any part of a person directly to another thing…
- The Load-bearing Lark’s Head Double Column (demo)
- The Lark’s Head Single Column
- Good for tying around one thing: wrist, ankle, waist, thigh, waist, etc.
- This is the basis for these ties:
- The Unchastity Belt aka “Crotch Rope”, – Tease your partner
- Stirrup Heel Tie – Tie on high heels (demo)
- A rope Leash – But be sure to tie it looser! (demo)
- Extending Rope
- The Shinju, a simple chest harness
- The Somerville Bowline, an excellent forward-tension single-column knot
- A Simple Box Tie & a modification for people with flexibility challenges (demo)
Coiling and storing rope
What should attendees bring:
You can learn these various techniques with any combination of ropes like this:
- One 30′ and two 15′ or 10′
- Two 15′ foot and two 10′ pieces of rope
- Four 15′
Rope will be available for sale during the workshop!
Instructor: Lazarus Redmayne has been active in the scene since he was legal and loves to share his passion for rope and other types of bondage. He has taught at C.O.P.E., Winter Wickedness, Bound in Boston, and privately for over a decade. His presentations are practical and fun, and his high-engagement style will ensure that you leave the class with new and useful skills. Lazarus owns and maintains www.theduchy.com. Everything you learn in this class is also shown on The Duchy, so you will have a ready reference if needed.
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Ticket sales are final and tickets are non-transferable. This workshop is 18+.